I inherited a rather large Victorian style house. It is in desperate need of maintenance such as roofing, trim repair and painting, asbestos remediation, wiring and plumbing. I’ve called just about every contractor in the phone book or in the local trades. Most of them don’t even return my calls, and the ones I am able to reach directly are either too busy, don’t service my area or don’t do residential work (I wish they would say that in their ads). I also tried Service Magic, but the few that did respond to my inquiries gave very high estimates – like one that wanted $18,000 to do one area of the roof. I think $1,800 would be a lot for one dormer! Like I sais, some things need immediate attention. What is a good way to get a reliable contractor?
- Ken on When is a Washington contractor deemed to have abandoned a job?
- Matt Dee on When is a Washington contractor deemed to have abandoned a job?
- Dave J on How can I get a contractor to work on a house?
- Unknown.... on How can I get a contractor to work on a house?
- Yes I am here!! on How can I get a contractor to work on a house?